- No charge for any extra time taken
- Please note, the tour is flexible, feel free to ask for adjustments
- From Katakolon port to Olympia it is a 30-minute drive, at the longest.
- The recommended taxi or van tour duration is five hours. (approx.)
- You will need about one hour and fifteen minutes to visit the archaeological site and one hour for the museum.
- There will be free time in the town of Olympia for you to spend as you desire. ( shopping, coffee, or lunch in a greek traditional tavern).
- A visit to a winery near Olympia OR to a Greek Orthodox nunnery.
- A stop at Agios Andreas beach for coffee or swimming in a scenery of outstanding natural beauty.
- Upon arrival at Katakolon Port, you will be picked up from the spot and at the time arranged. We will be there holding a sign with your name clearly written on it, so that it is easier for you to recognise us. We will help you with your luggage and you will be transfered with safety and comfort in our luxurious Mercedes cars.Our drive to Olympia will take about 30 minutes. You will enjoy a fascinating view of Ileia countryside while heading to Ancient Olympia. You will be provided with free wi-fi, a tablet,visual information in different languages, as well as guide books about the archaeological site and the museum for free, throughout the tour.In this four- hour tour you can visit some of the greatest historical monuments and capture on your camera the enchanting greenery Of Ancient Olympia.
- The tour starts with a visit to the Archaeological Site,the ancient stadium, the temple of Zeus and the temple of Hera. (1 hour and 15 minutes). After that, you can visit the Archaeological Museum, where you can see some exhibits of great importance,such as the sculptured ornaments of the temple of Zeus, Hermes of Praxiteles and Nike of Paionios statues.(about one hour).
- Right after you finish sightseeing, there will be free time in town for you to spend as you desire, for instance, walk around the streets of Olympia, buy souvenirs, explore the wider area by car, photo taking, get something to eat or drink.
- Next, you will be able to choose a visit either to a winery or to a nunnery:
- Option no 1: a beautiful, traditional,family-run winery near Olympia(entrance fee is 9 euros per person for 14 years of age and over, 6 euros for children up to 13 years of age).We highly recommend this visit since in a one- and- a half- hour tour, you will have the chance to walk around the vineyards and get an insight about wine produce.You will also taste various types of high quality wine along with local appetizers and desserts.
- Option no 2: a Greek Orthodox nunnery founded in 1700 a.D. (free entrance).This nunnery is famous for its imposing and breathtaking surroundings, as well as the legendary way locals came across an icon of Holy Mary, 800 years ago.
- On the way back to Katakolo, you will be offered a tour around Agios Andreas(a beautiful rocky beach,a place of outstanding natural beauty as it was the ancient harbour of Ileia),where you can have coffee, lunch, take photos or have a swim, as well as enjoy the great view of the cruise ships that happen to be there before we take you back to the place where we picked you up.