- No charge for extra time taken.
- Please note that the tour is flexible, so feel free to ask for any adjustment.
- From Katakolon port to Olympia,it is a 30-minute drive(max.)
- Recommended tour duration is 7 hours.(approx.)
- You will need one hour and fifteen minutes to visit the archaeological site and one hour for the museum.
- Free time in town (for shopping, lunch , coffee e.t.c.)
- One-hour visit at a traditional winery.
- A visit to a Greek Orthodox nunnery.
- A stop at Agios Andreas beach for coffee, lunch or swimming.
- Soon after we pick you up from Katakolo and heading to Olympia, on a full day private tour (about 7.5 hours), you will have the opportunity to enjoy a fascinating view of the Ileia countryside.
- On arrival in Olympia,you can start with a visit to the Archaeological Site,the ancient stadium, the temple of Zeus and the temple of Hera. (1 hour and 15 minutes). After that, you can visit the Archaeological Museum, where you can see some exhibits of great importance,such as the sculptured ornaments of the temple of Zeus, Hermes of Praxiteles and Nike of Paionios statues.(about one hour).
- After you finish your sightseeing, there will be free time in town for you to spend as you desire, for instance, walk around the streets of Olympia, buy souvenirs, explore the wider area, get something to eat or drink.
- Next, there will be a visit to a traditional,family-run winery near Olympia(entrance fee is 9 euros per person for 14 years of age and over, 6 euros for children up to 13 years of age).We highly recommend this visit since in a one- and- a half- hour tour, you will have the chance to walk around the vineyards and get an insight about wine produce.You will also taste various types of high quality wine along with local appetizers and desserts.
- After leaving the winery, you will be offered a stop to enjoy a delicious meal at a traditional, family-run tavern called Bacchus, famous for its panoramic view, (www.bacchustavern.gr) at the village of Ancient Pissa.
- Our next stop will be at a Greek Orthodox nunnery founded in 1700 a.D.,famous for its imposing and breathtaking view.(free entrance).
- On the way back to Katakolo, you will be offered a tour around Agios Andreas(a beautiful rocky beach,a place of outstanding natural beauty as it was the ancient harbour of Ileia),where you can have coffee, lunch, take photos or have a swim. Finally, you will have the opportunity to see the great view of the cruise ships that happen to be there before we take you back to the place where we picked you up.